Sunday, October 1, 2017

12 Tags of Xmas, #1

Woohoo!  It's time for The Funkie Junkie's annual 12 Tags of Xmas inspiration challenge! 

I did them all two years ago, but last year I think I only did a few... hope this year to participate in a all again.

Here's my creation:


Here is Linda's current tag:

I was inspired by Linda's tag in many ways: the least base with the brown trees, Tim's greenery, the scribbly reindeer, and the sentiment itself.  I looked for a metal charm but didn't have an appropriate one for this project.

Supplies and notes:

  • Bingo card base snipped to tag shape; stenciled with Vintage Photo DOx through an old Xmas card; edges also inked with Vintage Photo DOx
  • Reindeer stencil by Martha Stewart inked with Walnut Stain DOx then hatched over with a Sharpie
  • Tim's Mini Greenery pine added; accented with white Liquitex gesso and Martha Stewart Liquid Guilding in Gold
  • Stampemdous Frantage in Shabby White
  • Quote typed on my typewriter, edged with Vintage Photo DOx, then adhered and sealed with Distress Collage Medium in Vintage
  • My fave yarn was used to make this a little hanger... 
Cheers!  


6 comments:

  1. This is great. I love the bingo base. I couldn't work out how you'd done the reindeer till I read your post - fab effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous Christmas tag with it's bingo card base! Perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Mimi, to the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style. I'm delighted to have you playing along again this year. Super cool tag! I really love the stenciled reindeer with the cross hatch effect. And I always love the use of bingo cards. What a great kick off to this year's challenge.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks like fun, I just got into TH tags when he quit them this sounds like fun. Your tag is fabulous love the use of the bingo base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your original take on Linda’s Tag, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never ever would have thought to do this cross hatching but it is out of this world beautiful! I am in love with your tag and hope you manage to squeeze in the set this year. The force be with you! ;0 Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete