Tuesday, July 11, 2017

SOS: CAS for Simplicity Day!

It's time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash, and this week I am your host...

with National Simplicity Day on July 12, I am challenging you to make a CAS (Clean and Simple)* card, and if you care to look at the Simplicity Day link above, you will be further-inspired!

*You know, I seldom do anything "clean"... ha ha ha... so if you are a grungy girl like me, just try to keep it simple, huh?!

Here is my project-- a series of cards:




Supplies:
  • The background panels are leftover from my spray box-- when the sheets of newsprint gets too inky, I replace them lest they bleed onto future projects, but often I can't discard the colorful sheets, so I tack them to the wall in the shack for some future use... so technically, this sheet has been used three times: once for reading, once in the bottom of my spray box, and now on this card!
  • The flowers were diecut from Tim's Wildflowers II from library cards (another upcycled item!), inked with Forest Moss and Crushed Olive DI plus Peeled Paint DOx
  • The sentiments of thanks were typed with my second-hand typewriter on library catalog cards
  • Further,  a few of these bases had already been stamped and rejected, so I am using them here!  
Waste not, want not!

I hope you join us at Shopping Our Stash for our CAS challenge-- and I encourage you to embrace National Simplicity Day!

4 comments:

  1. HA!!!! when i went to link up on the crew blog, i was ready to add the disclaimer that i had gone "grunge & simple" but that was as close as i was going to get, lol! and then i saw your gorgeous, amazing, pared-down-but-gloriously-grungy card, and felt at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi, love this card, I wish I had your ability to combine so many different elements in so many different ways that the end result is always fabulous.
    I can see the little "gracias" sentiment on the first card, so sweet!!
    Awesome card, teammie.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about recycling! Your flower and newspaper print cards look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhh fab use of those spray sheets teammie!!
    Love the colours and that is re-purposing x 3!!
    Thanks for the fun challenge inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete