Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day for my mom

This is the card that I made for my own cherished mother:




She is the best mom I could imagine... I give credit to her for anything I know about parenting.  And gardening.  And art.  She is cool as hell.  Really.  I just want her to live forever.  I told her that recently, and she is so cool, she is like, "Mary, I don't want to live forever!"  She does what she wants, she loves my dad, she loves the simple things.

Supplies and notes:
  • Background panel is Strathmore watercolor paper coated with Theresa Collins modeling paste through a Tim Holtz stencil, colored with LSG Magicals in Tiffanylou Blue
  • Flowers cut with Tim's wildflower dies in Strathmore watercolor paper, inked in DOx in Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, and Cracked Pistachio
  • Entire panel lifted with American Crafts adhesive cork
  • Little quote brushed with a Jane Davenport waterbrush in the warm DOx tones
Likey?  I hope my mom likes it.  She'll say, "Oh... Shut. Up..."

I would like to share this at

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love this. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really your flower dies, so versatile. And the texture on the background adds extra interest to it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much texture on your card. Really make it interesting to look at. So glad you played with us at Make My Monday challenges.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You created a beautiful card for your mom! The stencilled background is just fabulous! Great colour combinations and lovely quote! Thank you for joining the May challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's bright, colourful, full of the joys of spring! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete