Sunday, February 12, 2017

Scops Owl

Back to my roots...


Been in a crafting rut for over a month... definitely producing, but nothing I'm loving... so I really focused on my personal aesthetic-- this is close!  Has an element of nature and a bold mixed-media background, using all vintage parts... boom!

Supplies and notes:

  • Catalog card, seam binding, and owl clipping all old. As. Heck.
  • Tim's StampAnon quilty set.  I punched out some stamps that hadn't been used... always fun!  The seam binding was stamped with Ranger Archival in Jet Black; quilt squares stamped using Spiced Marmalade, Peacock Feathers, and Black Soot DI, sprayed with water for a more blended watercolor effect.
  • Transparent Ranger glossy modeling paste spread over parts through Tim's Honeycomb stencil 
  • Once the texture paste was dry, I inked the card up with Wild Honey DI.
  • The owl is from an old pocket guide, I believe-- he was already cut out and in a bag of snippets.

I used the color inspiration from The Color Throwdown:

I would also like to share this at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media/ Stencil Sunday challenge for February:

If anyone is in a crafty rut, I encourage you to really go back to the basics of what you love!  This was immensely satisfying.  I feel totally reinvigorated. I know: all because of a little owl!

4 comments:

  1. Love the background you created! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that background - thanks for sharing your project at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun background! I was wondering how you were able to use some many colors and make them so distinct using a stencil, but understand now you've used stamps. I'm quite sure these will see lots of ink in the future:)

    ReplyDelete