Tuesday, November 22, 2016

SOS: Warm and fuzzy...

Warm and fuzzy is the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash!

We are asking you to include something yielding warmth: a warm hat, a cup of cocoa, a fireplace...

Look through your stash and see what could bring warmth!  (In my neck of the woods, I'm "feeling" this challenge-- it snowed non-stop all Saturday... brrrr!)

I made a little "get well" tea pack... tea reminds you of warmth, doesn't it?:


Supplies and notes:
  • Glassine bag is actually from old catalog cards
  • The tag is a part of an old catalog card, cut with a seldom-used blade on my paper cutter and then coated with a thin layer of gesso, as I wanted to mute the bold text but not hide it completely.
  • Broken China and Shabby Shutters DI daubed through a Hero Arts stencil and used to edge the tag
  • The sentiment was stamped with an old alphabet set from Target years ago, inked with Vintage Photo mixed media ink
  • The greenery was the last of the diecut pieces on my desktop from weeks ago.  I coated it with Distress Collage Medium in Matte and covered it with Antique  Linen Distress Glitter
  • The dictionary definition was cut from an old dictionary used for crafts.  I adhered it with Distress Collage Medium also.
  • The twine is pretty new... I got it from The Dollar Tree along with a coral color and a pale yellow!  Score!
  • In the packet, I also included some sequins I've had for years... they are mint, white, and gold.  

See you over at Shopping Our Stash!  I always love to see what people create from their neglected stashed items!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to gift your "get well" tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute get-well tea package. Tea is good for all ailments,

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love EVERYTHING about this! every! single! thing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, is that a new die?! How awesome is it! And what an amazing gift bag, sure to comfort anyone in their needy hours. You are a sweetheart! Sorry I've been MIA lately, the world is spinning! The world is spinning! LOL! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special little gift, even the thought of making something like this for someone is quite warming:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow in your neck of the woods??!!! Oh my goodness Mimi, brrrr!! indeed!!!
    This little gift tea bag, so beautifully embellished will surely bring comfort and warmth.
    Wishing you and your family a beautiful and sweet Thanksgiving Day!!
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete