Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Three Trees

This week at Shopping Our Stash, the challenge is to use three trees!  Chrsitmas trees, spooky Halloween trees, or you can stretch it like I always do... 



The "three trees" here are literally three species of tree leaves: my guesses from left to right are valley oak (Quercus lobata), black oak (Quercus kelloggii) and... the last one was tough--  I'm thinking an immature cottonwood leaf or something non-native/ornamental. But I'm a freak about it, so I'll be updating this post!

Supplies and notes:
  • This card was made entirely using dismantled cards.  I recently weeded my card stash: I filled a gallon-sized bag with cards for the Student Services Coordinator to use, I used a few cards, and some cards I saw and thought, "I hate this card... I'm not giving that to anyone!" So I tore them apart and kept any reusable scraps.
  • Salvaged cardstock was either diecut or embossed.
  • The sentiment was a little scrap, already stamped. I used Iced Spruce and Peeled Paint Distress Stains.
I think it's a nice, mellow card that could be used for multiple occasions.  It was certainly an effective way to shop my stash!  What will you find in your stash? Go ahead and be a Looky-Lou and see what my teammates at SOS found in their stashes! See you over there!

Remember, no pressure... just dig through your stash and make something... a card, a scene, an ornament!

4 comments:

  1. this is glorious, i would never have guessed it was "frankensteined" from the parts of the discards... brilliant way to shop your stash, tho, and give the parts new life! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, way to use your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooww Trees from leaves
    clever you
    and I love the color on that leaves
    simply beautiful Sketch and the Embossing folder is a perfect choice Mimi
    hugs and happy weekend now I run to make lunch hehe
    Monika

    ReplyDelete