Sunday, May 1, 2016

HLS CASE in May

Busted this out this morning during a few minutes of inspiration... and the few minutes I had before Hubs was beepin' the horn for a tac-run to an out-of-town store:


Supplies and notes:
  • I was inspired by Melissa's texture paste on a black background, so, oh yeah, I went there.  I used Teresa Collins modeling paste through a Martha Stewart stencil 
  • Once dry, I painted the fox with Loew Cornel watercolors
  • Wasn't fun enough, so I added some splatters with watered-down gesso
  • Still didn't give me what I wanted, so I added some Aged Gold frantage by Stampendous
  • I mounted this to a yellow card base in such a way that it matched Melissa's parallel lines.  The yellow card base was shared with me by that mixed-media superstar Autumn at Sew-Paper-Paint... thank you!
I made this for Happy Little Stampers CASE challenge for May, CASEing this card by Melissa Lane:


I'd also like to share this at CASology, where their current challenge is sprinkle!  I sprinkled a bit of that frantage-love.  So there's that.


Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun CASE Mimi, I like the colors you added and the sprinkles in the background. You did good with the honking horns, I try my best to make to make it before hubby starts calling me out..lol. Glad to see you at HLS CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a killer take on this awesome card! Spectacular design, Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mimi! This rocks! I'm so glad that you tried the white embossing paste. Thanks for the beautiful and original CASE of my card and for the kind words too. I appreciate them. :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CASE the Designer for May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh woooowww that critter with pink and black card base
    STUNNING Mimi
    and this is my winner card
    so great CASE ing card from Melissa
    luv this one too
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so dreamy and fairytale like. This card looks really special and even though it's quite simple it has a major wow factor to it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the water coloring over your embossing paste. It's beautiful!! Thanks so much for joining the Happy Little Stampers May CASE the Designer challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool CASE of Melissa's card!! Love the CAS design and the rainbow wolf effect is amazing. And all that splatter and gold finishes it off perfectly. So glad you joined us at Happy Little Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete