Sunday, February 7, 2016

Tuesday Throwdown

Ooooh... how 'bout a little paper-piecing!






So, I was a HUGE paper doll lover as a girl... they just don't have them like they used to.  I feel like my dad used to get them from the grocery store (Albertson's) when I was growing up in Citrus Heights, CA!  I have bought books here and there for my girls, but they are not into them... (you know, I ought to cut them out and spark the interest!)  Anyway, dressing this up was SOOO fun for me.  I did another one, too...

I am submitting this cutie to Tuesday Throwdown's "Piece it together" Challenge.

Supplies:

  • My "Kelly Jo" stamp from Hero Arts was stamped on a library card, and also a piece of scrap... I think the dress is Basic Grey
  • Her background was daubed with Broken China and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks, then spritzed a bit with my mini-mister
  • Sentiment typed with my trusty old typewriter (I did a couple things with it while I had it out... be on the lookout for typed sentiments and quotes-- they're my fave)
  • I included pix to show how I used library cards to make the card... I just scored the back card and stuck them together



5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the dolls as a child. I remember thise paper dolls that had tabs on the dresses and such and you just fold the tabs over the doll form and Viola-your doll was dressed! Fun times. Your design is awesome sauce and so fun! the recycling of the library cards is genius! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love how you made this card! Great and modern look! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, paper piecing the dress does remind of those paper dolls. I loved playing with them. And I especially loved playing with those that belonged to my aunt and mother. A few years back my aunt gave them to me, I have them in an old box with me. Even though I don't play with them anymore I love to look at them from time to time, they bring back happy childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi love that paper piecing dress
    I was playing paper doll too
    and my dad was angry :(( why
    Cause I use all my pocket money from him to buy my paper dolls
    he will I want buying food or bonbon or sugar but I did not do it
    ok forget that story...I hide my collection then my dad not see how much I have haha
    Mimi I look again and again that library card
    but I did not see any words behind the girl
    did you used tip ex to deleted that letter on that library card hehe
    cute card Mimi
    love this

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooooooooooooooooooh! that is COOL! i need to cut out some sewing pattern ladies and paper piece their clothes! on a fabulous cloudy background of watercolor! wow! so fab AND totally inspiring!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete