Sunday, February 14, 2016

Love, love, love

Here's another quickie...

Actually, it wasn't that quick.  This card actually was created over a couple days, in snippets of time, which seems all I've had in weeks.

I'd like to enter this card into Try Stampin' On Tuesday (sketch below) and Mod Squad: From the Heart.

Obviously my interpretation of the sketch for TSOT is pretty loose, but this is where the card took me... I flipped it.

Supplies and notes:
  • For the background, I daubed Evergreen Bough Distress Ink over a Heidi Swapp stencil (the stencil I've been frequenting...), then I used a little drippy-drippy... made some water spots.  After that, I splattered a teeny bit of Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions from the spray nozzle to add a little more splattery effect
  • The "love" was stamped with Amy Tangerine alphabet (ummm... have to admit: just got it for a screamin' price and I am getting my money's worth!) in MementoLuxe in Tuxedo Black
  • The heart was cut from a piece of ephemera from a die-cut pack... it was a card that said "Clap" on it... I've had it for a couple years and never used it (obvously). I love using items from my stash!
  • The black tape is old also... it was from a 10" bit of 7 Gypsies tape over 5 years old... and here's something funny: I just found a discounted pack of the same stuff... so as my old supply is literally inches away from gone, it has being replenished!

6 comments:

  1. Love the background, the shading of blue looks awesome....then the addition of your sweet little heart and lots of love! Pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very cool design! Love love your repeated triangles - ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Love the triangle background and I love the pop of red! Thanks so much for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks contemporary, I love that, what a great take on the sketch! Great job making this card in moments of 'in between', those never come out right for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that background is so cool
    and the add of the red heart is so sweet
    lovely card again Mimi

    ReplyDelete