Sunday, January 17, 2016

Share *more* joy...

Here's another baby card made using the current Share Joy sketch:



This card was made for another of the multiple coworkers, friends, and neighbors I know who are expecting babies soon!  I had  a certain teacher in mind (another first-grade teacher), but now when I look at it, I keep thinking maybe this will go to my neighbor, who just found out she is having a boy.

Here's that sketch (which I flipped a bit):

Supplies and notes:

  • While this paper is mostly blue-tones, I tried to neutralize it by watercoloring some yellow and green over the blue bows... I think it was a successful move, but when I think about giving to someone expecting a girl, they might just see boy, hence thinking I'll pass this one to the neighbor.
  • The paper with the babies and storks is Crate Paper, but I only had a scrap of the nursery rhyme background... not sure who made that.  But it's super cute.
  • Wilton doily
  • Bow button with shank removed from my stash
  • Blue paper for banner is DCWV stack paper
  • I faux-stitched everything with an uktra-fine brown Prismacolor pen
  • I edged everything with Color Box Chalk in Creamy Brown
  • Those little embossed corners are from Recollections, I believe.  They are one of those items that has been in my stash forever.

1 comment:

  1. Same sketch but it looks totally different than the card in your previous post. This looks so delicate and gorgeous, it should be given to someone who really knows to appreciate a handmade card:)

    ReplyDelete